General questions about autism?
from Professor Adams for autism families based on over 20 years of experience and research
"Everyone with autism can lead a successful life"
- Jerry Newport, author of
"Your Life is Not a Label"
Two New Publications
“Rating of the Effectiveness of 26 Psychiatric and Seizure Medications for Autism Spectrum Disorder: Results of a National Survey”.
This paper covers data from 505 autism families, and is part of a larger national survey we are conducting. Read the article here.
For families and physicians we think Tables 2 and 7 will be most helpful. Table 2 has ratings for each medication, including overall benefit score, most common symptoms benefited, and overall adverse score and most common adverse effects. Table 7 lists what treatments were reported to be most effective for each of 19 symptoms that commonly occur in people with ASD. Note that the scores on these tables are averages, and individuals may respond differently.
"Survey of vocational experiences of adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders, and recommendations on improving their employment"
Survey results from 172 participants in Arizona about their vocational status and experiences. Based on this information we provide recommendations that we think will help adults with ASD find and maintain employment.
Download the article here.
Contact the Autism Society of Greater Phoenix
• A non-profit created by Professor Adams to provide autism families with the latest research and advice on nutrition
and nutritional supplements.
• Produces ANRC Essentials, an improved version of the vitamin/mineral supplement tested in clinical trials at
Arizona State University and found to be beneficial for most children and adults with autism.
• Summary of Dietary, Nutritional, and Medical Treatments for Autism
-- Review of over 150 research studies. ARI Publication
• Presentations from GR Conference September 2017
-- Biomedical Treatments
• Vocational Survey of Adults with ASD in Arizona -- Includes recommendations for professionals and families
• Transition to Work -- Tips for Individuals with ASD and their Parents, Teachers, and Employers
Preconception and Pregnancy Recommendations
• Healthy Child Guide: Recommendations for reducing the risk of autism and other neurological and physical disorders.
"Autism is treatable"
- Bernie Rimland, Ph.D.
Adams Autism Research
Review Articles & Recommendations for the Autism Community